Welcome to our Online Bulletin!
Church Family News
On November 4th our church executive team made the decision to follow the guidance we received from our denominational leadership board
to temporarily move to online only gatherings until Code Red is lifted in the Winnipeg area.
- Congratulations to Caitlyn Dueck, daughter of Paul & Ellen Dueck, who was engaged to Nicholas Kraychuck on November 15
- Kador and Joel wish to thank you for your prayers. The killings have stopped in Danane. The unrest is now mainly in the capital city, Abidjan. Gifty and the children were able to return home. Joel’s Mom is also safe. However, as the country is still unstable, the children are not able to return to school at this time. Please continue to pray for peace and safety for the family.
- If you are feeling called by the Holy Spirit and wish to be baptized, please contact Pastor Vic or another staff member
Community Roots Resource
Centre is so grateful for your past support, and once again
are asking for your support. Community Roots is located inside of Jubilee
Mennonite Church, and has partnered with NKMB to love our actual neighbours!
How can you help? Three ways! Crafts, Cash, and Cookies!
1) Crafts - If you are a crafter, please consider donating a craft for our online craft market. Possible crafts include scarves, mittens, or anything hand-made. Funds from the sale of Craft Baskets will go towards buying Christmas gifts for children in the community! If you have items to donate, please have these ready to drop off at Jubilee (365 Edelweiss) or if you need them picked up, please call 204-668-9933 or email email@example.com by November 30 at the latest.
2) Cash - This year, monetary donations are being welcomed instead of toys for the Toy Boutique. Families will be given gift cards ($20 per gift) so that they can purchase gifts for their children. Jubilee Mennonite Church is accepting cash, cheque or eTransfers. If you’d like a receipt, please contact Jubilee’s church office.
3) And finally … cookies! If you would like to donate some Christmas cookies to go along with the gift cards, they would be most welcome!If you have any questions about how you can be involved in the ministry of Community Roots, please contact RuthAnn Goodman, or the NKMB Church office 204-985-6050. Thank you for continuing to show the love of Jesus in new and creative ways!
- NKMB Youth mid-week programming
information & online registration (required
yearly) can be found at:
- Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- High School (Grades 9-12)
- Mom's Group will be postponed until further notice
- All Girls & Boys Club events are postponed until further notice
- For access to the the world’s largest library of video-driven Bible Study resources, please visit Right Now Media
- NKMB has been granted an extension to the content from the REVEAL Conference. Please contact the church office if you are interested
• for Willi Giesbrecht and Hans Pettker who are at home suffering from cancer
• for our staff team as they pivot to making virtual Christmas services, that the services would be used to draw people closer to Jesus in these unique circumstances
• hope upon Winnipeg, your neighbours, and family
• for unity in the church and a spirit of understanding even for those whom we have disagreements
• for those who might be exploring church for the first time this holiday season
• for an outflowing of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers
•for Cory & Misami Giesbrecht as they make preparations for a foster son (5 years old) joins their family around Christmas time
• for God to give us clarity on which priorities to focus on, and how to do what he is asking of us most effectively
• for Sheryl Koop as she starts her new position as chaplain at Donwood Manor
• for Maria Didzun, Waldina Neufeld, Irmgard Pauls and Tina Warkentin in Bethania PC Home
If you would like prayer, please email the prayer team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Since we are unable to visit homes or retirement homes for the foreseeable future,
please call the church office or one of the pastors in the church phone book if you are in need